Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

A light at the end of the snowbank

I made it to Richmond on Friday, Dec 18, driving from Salem with no problems. Turned in my rental car, checked into a Best Western a half mile from the airport and settled in to see what would happen with impending snow storm. By Saturday morning, there were 6 inches on the ground here and triple that in many places in western Virginia and north of Richmond. Long story short, my flights to Dulles International and on to Frankfurt, Germany, were cancelled. Thousands of people were stranded in airports and I was glad to be in an hotel instead. Going online for change of reservation was not working so I took the shuttle to the airport and stood in line for over an hour in hopes of talking to an agent. Gave up when the snow started heavy again. Finally on Sunday morning I have been able to get rebooked out of here on Dec. 23, landing on Christmas eve morning. My cousin Dreama who lives near here has dispatched her husband to come get me in his 4-wheeler so I have been rescued from the hotel for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment