Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Luxembourg Twilight

Luxembourg Twilight by Gerri Young, 2011
In the last year before we left Europe, Bill and I went to the beautiful city of Luxembourg which was just a couple of hours from where we lived in Germany.  I liked the place so much I wish I had explored it earlier and been able to go back numerous times.

As we strolled the old city near twilight, we turned the corner to this enchanted scene where a street light had come on and bathed the narrow way with golden light.  The photos we took stayed on my list of things I wanted to paint for quite some time before I met Robin Poteet, a wonderful watercolor artist in Roanoke, who gave me the courage and guidance to capture this beautiful atmosphere.  I showed the finished painting to a nice Luxembourger lady in Blacksburg who said she felt "transported" by it.  So do I.  Every time I look at the painting now, I get to go to the city again.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice work Gerri! I flew into Luxembourg when I flew into Europe to do my backpacking summer. I liked it and now wish I had spent more time in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you have long coveted an iPad, you might not know what to do with it because the technology is so new.Do not allow this device to simply be an expensive app used for gaming console. There are many great things that can do with your iPad.
    www.homeschoolersforken.com |

    www.penthousewilliamsburg.com |

    www.housesineastoxford.com |

    www.ronthomhome4sale.com |

    www.paradise-house.com |

    ReplyDelete