Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

A great art project with a funny name

I continue to have fun with my artwork for the FloCoiMo project. I'm learning things about myself and my artistic abilities and connecting with people I've never met.  Art and the people who do it in this area have been my passport to my new life in Virginia and made my new way much easier than I expected. The top piece here is a scene from Dresden, Germany, in the bohemian area of the city.  No art in stuffy museums for this neighborhood!  The art was on the outside for all to see for free, rain or shine. This courtyard was just full of surprizes. On a funny note, one day bacon accidentally became a theme for the FloCoiMo project, starting with Mara waxing poetic about this favorite breakfast food. Then Sarah chimed in and I just had to give them something to illustrate their thoughts. The bacon is sizzling, but so are the FloCoiMo folks including Michael at http://www.adhominem.weebly.com/ who is supporting us every day!

On a slightly different note, yesterday I went to the YMCA Crafts Bazaar at University Mall in Blacksburg.  Took a long time to get through it because I kept stopping to talk to artists that I already knew like Darcy Meeker and Becca Imbur, Sarah McCarthy, Cecilia Riegert, Anne Anderson and Carly Burke.  See what I mean about connections? I've only lived here since March. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Many people are fervent when it comes to the subject of jewelry, whether it concerns them or someone they love. It’s good to know a little bit about jewelry, especially since there are so many types, ways to wear jewelry and so many ways to care for jewelry pieces.
    www.metrasafety.com |

    www.newslinesonline.com |

    www.perfectwristwatch.com |

    www.phillyaccidentlaws.com |

    www.renoracepromotion.com |

    ReplyDelete