Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Morning in the woods

On this first day of the Daylight Savings Time, I was confused by how dark it still was at 7 a.m.  I looked out the kitchen window for my morning bird feeder check and, in the morning light saw what I thought was something white all ripped up around the feeders.  It soon dawned on me it was the clumps of newly opened daffodils popping with happiness over the spring weather!  On my walk to the mailbox at the end of our drive, I startled a doe no more than 30 feet from me.  We both stopped and stared.  I spoke to her but got only a twitching ear in response.  Her feet didn't move as I continued my walk. As I returned from the mailbox, there she was, rooted to the same spot, eyes still on me. Again, I greeted her and stopped to admire her wonderful, flower-eating self.  I asked her to leave my yet to grow garden alone this year but knew my plea was nothing more than air on the wind to her.  I continued on and even after I went into the house, she remained standing there in peace.  The spring daffodils soon called me back outside to pick a few for the house (deer don't eat these wonderful flowers for some reason).  While rummaging through the blooms to select my pickings, I poked around where I knew other things had grown last year and was happy to see signs of life around two clumps of bee balm.  I will plant more of these inside the soon to be fenced off area because they were one of the few stars of last season.  The artist in me loves looking at the deer.  The gardener I want to be wishes they all would move elsewhere.

2 comments:

  1. Jewelry gives you that classy and sophisticated look especially if you make it complement and blend well with whatever you choose to wear. Whether it for a wedding or for that special occasion, it will completely change your look.
    www.simpleteesusa.com |

    www.slovakcatercume.com |

    www.theelectrichearts.com |

    www.thetoptiermontana.com |

    www.yourfaceis.com |

    ReplyDelete