Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

New Works at Jacksonville Center for the Arts

 A wonderful new show opened at the Jacksonville Center for the Arts in Floyd this past weekend.  The variety and quality of the pieces was so very good it was a joy to have two of my works included in the selection.  These two pieces are quite small, only about 8x24. They are acrylic on canvas and are the first of that medium I have ever exhibited.  I don't consider myself an acrylic painter and did these two atop canvases I painted in Germany and thought were just awful.  They are greatly improved by this new painting!  It was very interesting (and encouraging) to have several people tell me how much they love these pieces.  Many people told me they saw an oriental influence in them, especially the tree piece.  Both paintings have several layers of things under the actual art, giving them more depth and interest.  The House with Sky piece I hope to recreate on a 22x48 canvas to hang over our brick fireplace.  It will be the largest piece I've ever done so I must admit it is a bit intimidating to get started on it!

2 comments:

  1. When shopping for wedding accessories, many brides love to shop worldwide. There are multiple ways of doing this, one being to shop online. But an increasingly popular way of shopping for designer, boutique, vintage, and one-of-a-kind wedding accessories is to actually travel to different countries.
    www.fpish.org |

    www.girlsky.net |

    www.greek-videoclip.com |

    www.ilcspacesuits.com |

    www.kanolab.info |

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wise decision is one that many individuals have found to be a smart one for both business and personal reasons. There are some important things you may want to know.
    www.sddollhouse.com |

    www.dollhousesd.com |

    www.homewoodappliancerepair.com |

    www.myhouseforkids.com |

    www.birdwatchinghouse.com |

    ReplyDelete